Week 6 - Rational

Rationale:

For this assignment I created a two page website using HTML and CSS with one animated video (using After Effects and Photoshop) discussing the importance of plants and how vital they are to the health of us and our planet. My target audience was kids at a primary school age so old enough to know what Global Warming is and to be able to read efficiently etc. Therefore my main goals were to make it simple and easy to use but still bright, colourful and interesting.

My illustrations are very simple with plain block colours and minimal shading inside a thin black cartoon-ish style outline. I think this style suits the audience I am aiming this at and gives it a fun vibe. My motion graphic also incorporates this simple style, with up beat happy music playing in the background again to give it a fun and chirpy feel.

If I were to change anything for next time or do this all over again I would make a lot more effort to not leave things to the last minute - I was sick however I could have pushed myself harder and I know that I could have done better with this assignment however I've got to be happy with what I've got. I would include a simple looped gif animation on the home page or the second page to give a little more interest and excitement. I would include a third page where you can share your own photos of plants with friends and other people who visit the site to create a little community!


Here are some Screenshots from my final website:



You can see here how it responds as the window size changes



Second Page:



Although I am nowhere near as happy with this as I could be, I am still proud of what I accomplished considering I was sick for the majority of this assignment and was unable to attend a lot of the classes where we learnt about HTML and CSS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5.2

Week 1

Week 4